CLAT Counselling 2019 – CLAT Office will conduct the admission procedure to UG/PG programs at participating universities via CLAT Centralised Online Counselling. The procedure will begin after the declaration of results, from June 2019. NLU Odisha, Cuttack will release CLAT Results at the official website i.e. clat.ac.in. The allotment of seats will be based on ‘merit-cum-preference’, i.e. CLAT 2019 scores and the order of preference given at the time of registration.
Highlights of CLAT Counselling
|Conducting Authority||CLAT Office|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Minimum Eligibility||CLAT Rank and order of preference in CLAT Form|
|Total Participating Colleges||19 NLUs and 45+ Private colleges|
|Total Seats||3000 approx. (in NLUs)|
CLAT 2019 Counselling Dates
Tabulated below is a tentative calendar of events for CLAT Counselling.
|Declaration of Results and Issue of Merit List||May 31, 2019|
|Publication of the first allotment list||June 10, 2019|
|Date for payment of counselling fee of INR 50,000||June 10 – 14|
|Publication of the 2nd allotment list after payment of counselling fee||June 16, 2019|
|Date for payment of counselling fee (for the candidates appearing for the 1st time in 2nd provisional allotment list)||June 17 – 19, 2019|
|Last date of withdrawal from the Admission Process||June 19, 2019|
|Publication of the 3rd allotment list||June 24, 2019|
|Payment of full fees||June 28 – 30, 2019|
|Date for completing formalities at allotted NLU||June 28 – 30, 2019|
|Date for receiving status of admissions from the participating NLU||July 4, 2019|
|Date of closure of admission process by the CLAT 2019 Office||July 6, 2019|
Documents required for CLAT Counselling
Candidates having their names on the merit list should have the following documents at the time of CLAT Counselling:
- CLAT 2019 Application Form
- CLAT Admit Card 2019
- CLAT Score Card
- Class 10th Marks-sheet (Date of Birth proof)
- Class 12th Marks-sheet (Academic Qualification/ Eligibility Criteria)
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Specially-Abled Certificate (If applicable)
- NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- Sponsored NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (If applicable)
- Call Letter issued by CLAT authority
- Current passport size photographs
CLAT Centralized Counselling
CLAT 2019 counselling will be conducted by CLAT office through centralized counselling for taking admissions in participating institutions to undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Candidates having their names on the first list need to deposit the counselling fee within a stipulated time.
- After payment of the fee, the CLAT counseling committee will issue seats for the 2nd allotment.
- In the second round of allotment, candidates get an option to lock, withdraw or upgrade their choice.
- In case a candidate doesn’t exercise any option, it will be assumed by default as an upgrade option.
- Candidates having allotted seats as a result of the vacant seats arising out in the first round need to remit the prescribe counselling fee against the seat allotted to them.
- After remittance of prescribed counselling fee within a specified time frame, counselling committee will declare a third allotment list of based on seat vacancy.
- Those candidates to whom the seats have been allotted need to remit the prescribed counselling fee within a stipulated time frame.
- In case of any failure to do so by a candidate, their seats will be transferred to next round of counselling as vacant ones.
- Considering the seat vacancy after the third round of counselling, a fourth and final round of counselling is held.
- In this round, there is no option to upgrade the seats. The category-wise list of wait-listing candidates will be issued by counselling committee after each round of seat allotment till the third round.
- A complete refund will be made to candidates to whom seats have not been allotted due to non-availability of vacant seats in any of the rounds.
- Candidates, to whom seats have been allotted, need to remit the balance fee and submit the original certificates to the respective NLU by reporting there. In case of non-report, the respective NLU will follow their own procedure to fill seats.