IAS Exam 2015 Syllabus & Examination Pattern – As we know IAS is connected by UPSC. The UPSC has revised the pattern of IAS exam 2015. There are 9 paper in IAS exam & all of them are descriptive type.
According to the new pattern there are 4 General Studies paper each comprising of 250 Marks with a total of 1000 Marks. There is only one optional subject to choose from the list of subjects. The total mark of the written examination is 1750 Marks & Interview/Personality Test will be of 275 marks. The Grand Total 2025 Marks.
Summary of IAS exam pattern
- Paper 1– In this paper candidate can choose any modern Indian Language & contain 300 marks. Syllabus for Paper 1:
- Current events (National and International)
- History of India
- Geography of the world (Physical, Social, Economic)
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution
- Economic and Social Development
- General Issues (Environmental Ecology, Bio-Diversity, Climate change etc.)
- General Science
- Paper 2– It is English language paper & contain 300 marks. Syllabus for Paper 2:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic Numeracy
- Data Interpretation
- Comprehension Skill (English)
- Paper 3 – Essay – 250 Marks. Can be written in the medium or language of the candidate’s choice
- Paper 4 – General Studies-I 250 Marks (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)
- Paper 5 – General Studies -II: 250 Marks (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
- Paper 6 – General Studies -III 250 Marks (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
- Paper 7 – General Studies -IV 250 Marks (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude) Marks carried by General Studies was 4X 250=1000
- Paper 8 – Optional Subject – Paper 1 -250 Marks
- Paper 9 – Optional Subject – Paper II -250 Marks
- Sub Total (Written test) 1750 Marks – Marks of English and Language will not be counted so total marks for Written exam will be 1750 Marks Only
- Interview/Personality Test – 275 marks – Candidate can give preference of the language in which they may like to be interviewed. UPSC will make arrangement for the translators.
- Grand Total 2025 Marks – A candidate is allowed to use any one language from the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution or English as the medium of writing the examination.
For more information contact us bellow detail
Name: Surbhi Academy
Address: SCO 177, 2nd Floor, Sector 37-C, Chandigarh, India
Phone No: 9915337448