Territorial Army Coaching in Chandigarh – Candidates who are interested in territorial army recruitment 2016 and 2017 can find the tentative dates, eligibility and application form for upcoming territorial army recruitment.
We will be updating this page with the latest details on territorial army recruitment by the Indian army for officers.
Territorial Army Coaching in Chandigarh
Table of Contents
Daily Classes + Full Study Material + 100% Results
Call for free Guidance: 09915109266
Candidates can find the important details below
Introduction about Territorial Army (TA)
The Territorial Army (TA) provides excellent opportunities for employed young men to join the Indian army and earn the glorious uniform. This is also helpful for one to full fill his dream of becoming an officer and joining the Indian army if he wasn’t able to do it earlier with regular entries.
Not only this Territorial Army brings you lots of other opportunities, in short, but it also provides you an adventurous life with your regular job.
Eligibility Criteria of Territorial Army 2020
- Only male citizens of India and Ex-service officers who are medically fit. · Age- 18 to 42 years as on 31 Dec 2015.
- Qualification – Graduate from any recognized university.
- Employment – Gainfully Employed in Central/State Govt/ Semi Govt/Pvt Sector/Self Employed.
- Note – Serving member of the Regular Army/Navy/Air Force/ Police /GREF/Para Military and like forces are not eligible.
EMBODIMENT FOR TRAINING
- One month of basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months of annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months Post Commissioning training within the first two years at IMA Dehradun.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus of Territorial Army 2020
- TIME: Maximum time for each paper is 02 hrs and will be conducted in two sessions.
- TYPE OF EXAM: Objective (OMR Answer Sheet will be used).
- QUALIFYING MARKS: Minimum 40% marks in each part of the paper separately and an overall average of 50%.
- PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS: Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
- FEE DETAILS: Candidates’ are required to pay a fee of Rs 200/- (Rupees two hundred only). Candidates should note that payment of examination fee can be made only through the modes prescribed at the website. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee/mode shall be summarily rejected. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
Territorial Army Recruitment 2020 Terms and Conditions
- The commission is granted the rank of Lieutenant.
- Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as for Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions up to Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called out for military service for a longer duration depending on the requirement.
- Pay Scales as mentioned below:
|PAY BANDS / SCALE
|Military Service Pay
How To Apply for Territorial Army Recruitment 2020
How To Apply Civilian Candidates
All desirous civilian candidates can obtain Application Form, from Employment Newspaper or download from www.indianarmy.nic.in (FREE OF COST) and send it along with a self addressed stamped envelope of 28 x12 cms size, two passport size photographs and postal stamps worth Rs.27/- affixed on the envelope (No other cost for submission) to the respective TA Group Headquarters as per the choice of following examination centers. NO OTHER DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED WITH APPLICATION FORM.
|WRITTEN EXAMINATION CENTRE
|APPLICATION TO BE SUBMITTED TO
|PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters, Western Command, Building No.750, Sector-8B, Chandigarh-160 009. Ph No. 0172-2547864
|Lucknow & Patna
|PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters Central Command, Lucknow (UP) – 226002. Ph No.0522-2482278
|Kolkata & Shillong
|PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters, Eastern Command, Fort William, Kolkata (WB) – 700021. Ph No.033-22313227
|Jaipur, Pune, Bangalore& Hyderabad
|PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters Southern Command, Pune-411001. Ph No. 7768003601, 02026880123
|Udhampur & Srinagar
|PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters Northern Command, Udhampur (J&K) – 182101 Ph No.01992 243592
Territorial Army Recruitment 2020 Selection Procedure
FOR CIVILIAN CANDIDATES
- Candidates whose application forms are found correct will be called for screening (written exam and interview) by a Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) by the respective TA Group Headquarters.
- Successful candidates will further undergo a Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Board for final selection.
FOR EX-SERVICE OFFICERS (COMMISSIONED OFFICERS ONLY)
- Ex-Service Officers of three services should send their applications along with release order and release medical board proceedings directly to Addl Directorate General TA, Integrated HQ of MoD (Army), ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi-01.
- The candidates will be screened by an Army HQ Selection Board (ASB) held at Addl Dte Gen TA, GS Branch, ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi. The recommended candidate will be required to undergo Medical Examination at Armed Forces Clinic, New Delhi and submit Police Verification Form.
NOTE: Candidate who qualifies in the written test of PIB/ASB are required to bring the following documents in original along with attested copies at the time of interview:-
- All educational qualification certificates (Matric onwards).
- Latest physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
- A copy of Identity proof with photographs (Voter ID/PAN Card/Passport/Driving license etc).
- Domicile/Residential proof certificate.
- Certificate for proof of age (Matric/Senior Secondary mark sheet & certificate for verification of date of birth).
- Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt/Union Territory/State/Semi Govt/Private Sector Authenticated by Head Office along with NOC by the department as per format is given below.
- Self-employed candidates are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly attested stating nature of employment and annual income along with a photocopy of PAN card.
- In case of candidates whose names vary in documents submitted, such candidates should submit an affidavit on judicial stamp paper declaring the correct name. The same must be published in the newspaper and submit the newspaper cutting along with the affidavit.
- Employees of Railways are required to submit NOC authenticated by Railway Board.
Note: Serving Employees of Armed forces /police /Para Military Forces are not eligible.
TA Coaching Institute, Join Today +91-9915109266
About Territorial Army (India)
The Territorial Army (TA) is an Indian organization of volunteers who receive military training for a few days in a year so that in case of an emergency they can be mobilized for the defence of the country.
It is the second line of defence after the Regular Indian Army; the Indian Territorial Army is not a profession, occupation or a source of employment. It is only meant for those people who are already in mainstay civilian professions; in fact, gainful employment or self-employment in a civil profession is a prerequisite for joining the Territorial Army.
|1962 India-China War
1965 Indo-Pak war
1971 Indo-Pakistani War
Operation Pawan in Sri Lanka
OP RAKSHAK in Punjab & J&K
OP RHINO and OP BAJRANG in the North East
|2 Ati Vishisht Seva Medals
15 Vishisht Seva Medals
5 Vir Chakras
13 Sena Medals
43 COAS commendation cards.
Territorial Army Written Exam Coaching
Enroll Today @9915109266
The written exam duration is for two hours. The maximum mark is a hundred (100). The question paper has two sections (I & II.) First section 40 Marks, Second section 60 Marks
The first section comprises two parts (A & B). For this, the allocated marks are forty (40 marks)
Part (A) Essay writing.
One has to write an essay in about three hundred (300) words out of 3-5 essays. The essay related to the current scenario (Includes issues related to current Political / Economic affairs National/ International)
Part (B) is English comprehension & Language.
English comprehension Small passage / Synonyms and Antonyms / Sentence sequence in PQRS form / a paragraph with Fill in the blanks
The second section – Consists of General Knowledge.
A total number of Multiple Choice Questions in this section is sixty (60) One marks for each question. In this section the question related to History, geography, Constitution, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General awareness & current affairs (person, place, sports, awards & any related happenings which are in news within one year.).
The Territorial Army is part of the regular Indian Army. The present role of the Territorial Army is to relieve the Regular Army from static duties and assist civil administration in dealing with natural calamities and maintenance of essential services in situations where life of the communities is affected or the security of the country is threatened, and to provide units for the Regular Army as and when required.
The Territorial Army has a strength of approximately 40,000 first line troops (and 160,000-second line troops) comprising departmental Territorial Army units such as railway, IOC, ONGC, telecommunication and General Hospital, and the non-departmental Territorial Army units of infantry battalions and ecological battalions affiliated to various infantry regiments.
- TA GP HQ, Southern Command – Pune, Maharashtra
- TA GP HQ, Eastern Command – Kolkata, West Bengal
- TA GP HQ, Western Command – Chandimandir, Chandigarh
- TA GP HQ, Central Command – Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- TA GP HQ, Northern Command -Udhampur, Jammu & Kashmir
Infantry training is carried out on urban and provincial systems.
- Urban systems of training
- Recruit Training: Training is carried out on weekends and holidays. Four hours of training is counted as one day. Thirty-Six days in the first year only including a camp of not less than four days if the trainee volunteers with the written consent of his employer, if any.
- Annual Training: A minimum of thirty-six days, with extensions up to a maximum of sixty days including a camp for fourteen days.
- Post Commission Training: All officers are required to undergo ten weeks of post-commission training within two years of their commissioning. Ex-officers from the Regular Army or Short Service Commissioned can be exempted from this training at the sole discretion of the Commanding Officer.
- Voluntary training to gain additional military training, provided the trainee volunteers with the written consent of the employer if any.
- Provincial systems of training
- Recruit Training: For a continuous period of thirty days in the first year only.
- Annual Training: For a continuous period of two calendar months in the first and subsequent years.
- Post commission Training: Officers receive ten weeks of compulsory post-commission training within two years of commissioning.
- Voluntary Training to gain additional military training provided the trainee volunteers with the written consent of his employer if any.
TA Students Gallery
Contact Us for Territorial Army Coaching in Chandigarh:
Surbhi Academy – #1 Academy for Arm Forces
SCO 54-55, 3rd and Top Floor, Sector 34-A, Chandigarh